Monday, January 3, 2011

How NOT To Treat Your iPhone

For my birthday in March, I got a new phone called a Pantech breeze. The target market for this phone was older people.  Well, I'm an older person so I thought I could learn how to use it, and I thought I would be very happy with it.  NOT... The user guide was totally non user friendly.  Whenever I tried to figure out how to use different functions on my phone, I couldn't just go to one page in the manual, I had to go to several.  Back and forth from page to page. And then all that would happen is that I got frustrated.  To make a long story short, there was absolutely nothing that I like about the phone or the user manual.

So, when my son told me I could use his iPhone because he was upgrading to a newer one, I made the change. I felt intimidated by the iPhone because I couldn't even figure an old folk's phone, but was willing to give it a try. Within days I was hooked on the IPhone.  LOVED it totally!  But, my son had made it clear that I was only using it, and that if he ever needed it again, I would have to go back to using my old phone.

About three months ago, I got up one morning to find the iPhone in a bowl full of water in the sink.  My guess as to how it happened was that I must have left it on the counter the night before and one of the cats knocked it into the sink after I had gone to bed.  It didn't work at all, so I had to go back to using the phone I disliked so much. After using the iPhone for a few months and then having to go back to using the old phone, just made me dislike the old phone all the more.

Meanwhile, my son took the iPhone home with him saying he would try to fix it.  He is a tech savvy guy, so I was hopeful he could make it work again. It cost $80.00 for parts, but within a week I had the iPhone back. Yeah!

Okay, so you would think that I wouldn't let anything happen to that iPhone again, right?  Well two weeks ago, I found it in a bowl of water in the sink again.  This time there was no coming back to life.  It was dead, dead dead.

Now I am back to using my old clunker phone.  Sometimes I get the urge to purposely drown this phone, but the funny thing is, nothing bad ever happens to it.  It just trudges along.

3 comments:

  1. Your son must be a great guy with a lot of patience...is he single?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm I bet you will get a new iPhone in the near future if Amy and I get new ones for our Birthday's uh hum! Then you can have one of ours, but someone will have to get you a mega waterproof case! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think maybe that your cats don't like cell phones? Hmm maybe they are trying to tell you something.. Maybe they want you to pick a different ring tone or something, or maybe your on it too much. hmm I think it's time for you to talk to a cat physic to see what's going on and why they keep dunking the cell phones..

    ReplyDelete